Technical Help Frequently Asked Questions for Advertisers: (click on links just below):
- I need to change or update my property. What should I do?
- I am having trouble uploading my pictures. Why is this?
- I made a change to a property and it disappeared from the site! What do I need to do?
- I created a new ad and now I can’t find it on my administration page. Where did it go?
- How do I know if my ad is being seen?
- I forgot my User ID or Password. How can I get this?
- When I hit “update,” certain fields appear in green. Why does this happen?
- How do I create spaces, paragraphs, lists and bold words?
- When I hit “Update,” all the information I entered disappeared. Why did that happen?
- Why do I need the property ID?
- Why are GPS coordinates so important, and how do I find them?
- How do I find the coordinates?
- My coordinates look different from yours. How do I convert the coordinates into a decimal?
Frequently Asked Questions From Our Visitors (Click Here)
Frequently Asked Questions From Our Advertisers (Click Here)
Simple HTML Guide (Click Here)
Frequently Asked Technical questions from our Advertisers:
1) I need to change or update my property. What should I do?
If you know your user name and password, you can login and make the changes. Select the property you would like to make a change to, click “edit” (located next to window with property titles) and make your changes. Don’t forget to hit update!
If you don’t feel comfortable making these changes or don’t have the time, then simply email our changes department with the following information:
- The Property ID Number. This is located on every property next to the title. (No changes can be made to a property unless you indicate which one it is.)
- Your name or your company’s name.
- The state the property is in.
- The changes or updates that you would like. (Please be as specific as possible. This ensures changes are made accurately.)
2) I am having trouble uploading my pictures. Why is this?
The site only accepts JPEG and GIF formatted files. An easy way to determine whether or not your photo is formatted correctly is to make sure “.jpg” or “.gif” is at the end of the name. If it isn’t, resave the photo by going to “Save As” and choosing the correct format.
Another reason that a photo will not upload is that the file size is too big. It should not be larger than 5 megabytes.
If you still have trouble, you can e-mail us the file and we are happy to put it up for you.
3) I made a change to a property and it disappeared from the site! What do I need to do?
We need to approve your ads before they go live. This is important to our reputation as a company and to ensure that your properties are listed in good company.
If you did add a photo or change certain details, just shoot us an e-mail or call and we will approve
it as quickly as possible (please keep in mind that our office is closed Saturdays and Sundays).
4) I created a new ad and now I can’t find it on my administration page. Where did it go?
In the right hand corner of your administration page is a column titled “Orders Awaiting Approval.” Any new ad will be in this column until it is approved.
We look at all of our new ads for content. We do this to retain our own reputation as well as to ensure that your properties are in good company.
If you would like to have your ad approved, just shoot us an e-mail or call and we will approve
it as early as possible (please keep in mind that our office is closed Saturdays and Sundays).
5) How do I know if my ad is being seen?
The Visitor Statistics Link lets you monitor how often people are viewing your individual properties. When you login, there is a link at the top of your administrative page containing your statistics.
If for some reason you are unable to access this give us a call or e-mail and we can help you find it.
Please keep in mind that there may be up to a 24-hour delay between the time your ad is posted and the time your statistics for that ad are available. After this initial period, your statistics will be current. Ad statistics are calculated once a day early in the morning.
6) I forgot my User ID or Password. How can I get this?
If you go to “Advertise With Us” you will find a place to login.
Click the link below the sign-in screen and your will be prompted to enter information. Your User ID and Password will be e-mailed to you.
7) When I hit “update,” certain fields appear in green. Why does this happen?
This means that either required information is missing or something that is not allowed has been entered into that field.
Try using only basic punctuation (. , ! “” : ; ). Avoid unusual characters like &<> and / because they are also used in the HTML (computer language) that formats your advertisement and will not be allowed in many fields.
8) How do I create spaces, paragraphs, lists and bold words?
All of our descriptions are in HTML, a computer language that formats your advertisement. You never need to enter any HTML, but there are
some tricks to “snazz” up your advertisement.
Here are a few guidelines to some very basic HTML. Click to view link.
9) When I hit “Update,” all the information I entered disappeared. Why did that happen?
This means that your session has timed-out.
Unfortunately, this does happen occasionally. We always recommend hitting update regularly, especially if you are doing something complicated or have to step away from your advertisement for a moment.
If you enter “dummy” information into your fields (such as “Come Back”, “x”, “Fill in,”) this will allow you to update and navigate away
with out fields coming back in green.
10) Why do I need the property ID?
If you have any questions about a specific property or would like changes to any of your properties, it is extremely helpful to have the Listing ID Number. This is located next to the title.
When you have this number, we can assist you quickly. This also ensures that we make all changes or adjustments to the correct property.
We hear that many visitors contact owners and brokers and refer to the site’s Listing ID Number. Keeping track of your ID will not only help us help you, but it will also allow you to quickly find the property a potential buyer is asking about.
11) Why are GPS coordinates so important, and how do I find them?
When you enter GPS coordinates, our site links to Google Maps and generates a map for potential buyers. This map is interactive and allows potential buyers to view your property in relation to landmarks and to find directions. This map can be accessed after our staff approves the listing.
When you enter your coordinates, your position is also sent to our Bulls-Eye Land Locator. This allows visitors to search for all properties within a radius from a specific point.
Most importantly, when your property is linked to a Google Map, it will appear in “Real Estate” searches performed on the Google Maps website.
12) How do I find the coordinates?
There are several ways.
Google Earth. Enter the specific address and it will find the
coordinates for you. The correct coordinates will appear at the bottom left corner of the satellite image only when you move your cursor over the target location.
Make sure your coordinates are in decimal form. If they are not, try going to “Preferences” and selecting “Decimal Degrees. ” (Google Earth is available as a free download)
Google Maps: Type the address you want and right-click on the specific point
you need coordinates for. Choose “Get directions to or from here,” the coordinates often appear at the top of the screen. This does not reliably happen, however.
Remember: Latitude is North/ South and Longitude is East/ West. No plus or minus signs are needed when you enter the coordinates into our site.
13) My coordinates look different from yours. How do I convert the coordinates into a decimal?
You have to do some very simple math. (Follow along with diagram)
If this is just too much math, you can use an online converter and try your numbers there.
When coordinates are formatted: 32057’20.70 N(Degrees, Minutes, Seconds)
You will need to covert them to Decimal Coordinates: 32.95575
Take the last four numbers (20.70 seconds) and divide them by 60.
20.70 / 60 = .345
Add this new number to the next 2 numbers (57 minutes). And divide that sum by 60.
.345 + 57 = 57.345
57.345 / 60 = .95575
Add this number to the final remaining 2 numbers (32 Degrees).
32+ .95575 = 32.95575----These are the new coordinates.
If you are using Google Earth, try going to “Preferences” and selecting “Decimal Degrees” instead.(Google Earth is available as a free down load.)